Accommodation Notice for UNN Students.
This is to inform all newly admitted students of University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), that they are to take note of the following important information with regards to student accommodation for the 2017/2018 session.
Please if you are not in the admission list of First Years’ Supplementary List II (do not apply). Read below.
a. The University has limited spaces for student accommodation.
b. The accommodation is allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
c. First Year and final year students are given high priority during allocation.
d. First years are allocated 40% of the total accommodation, final years 30% while others and
special needs are allocated 30%.
e. All Nursing Mothers must apply for accommodation online and must notify the authorities early. (You are permitted to stay alone in a room or be two persons in a room).
f. The following are highly prohibited and will attract eviction from the hostel:
– Squatting of any kind.
– Late return to the hostel at night.
– Drinking of Alcohol.
– Fighting and quarreling.
– Use of hotplates, electric boiling ring, refrigerator, gas cooker and so on.
– Use of generator sets.
– Defecating and bathing at undesignated places.
– Pouring of water in undesignated places.
Defacing of Hostel walls by posting of bills, posters and any document.
g. Only students who have specifically met the following will be qualified for hostel accommodation:
• Paid all school fees till date.
• Registered all courses online till date.
• Possess the University ID card or have been successfully captured.
• Possess and use the University student email address.
i. All hostel accommodation invoices are valid for only three days after generation. (Any student who fails to pay online within the three day period will forfeit the allocation).
j. All Rev Sisters are to follow the authorised process for accommodation.
k. Physically challenged students must also generate invoice and proceed to make payments.
Please find below the process flow:
- Log in to the UNN Portal- www.unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Enter your username and password (Your username is your Registration Number for old students and JAMB registration number for new students)
- Click on Hostel Allocation
- Click on Apply for Bed space (Select Hostel and Room No)
- Click on Apply
- Print the Invoice carrying your RRR number and proceed to the bank or make payment using your ATM Card
- Return to the portal and Click on Hostel Allocation
- Click on pay for your hostel and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference number
- Submit and print Receipt.