Applications are invited for Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering Scholarships starting in August 2018. Students from South-East Asian countries (not including Thailand) are eligible to apply.
All TGGS curriculum are designed along the same principles as the RWTH German version, at the same time adapted to support the industrial development in Thailand. It is meant to create Master level engineers not only with abilities in knowledge application but also skills in research and development.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is an organisation that promotes the international exchange of students and scientists. It is, in fact, the world’s largest organisation as concerns financing scientific mobility. As an association of German universities, DAAD represents 231 German universities and higher education institutions, with over 500 representatives in nearly 100 countries.
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Engineering. For this academic year, TGGS offers 4 Master of Engineering Programs (International Program) as follows:
- Chemical and Process Engineering (I-CPE)
- Mechanical and Automotive Engineering (I-MAE)
- Materials and Production Engineering (I-MPE)
- Electrical and Software Systems Engineering (I-ESSE)
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the tuition fees (partly funded by KMUTNB) and includes a monthly rate of 398 Euros towards your costs of living.
- Nationality: South-East Asian countries (not including Thailand)
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Thailand; the second year of the program is to be spent as a research stay at RWTH Aachen University.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from South-East Asian countries (not including Thailand) are eligible to apply:
Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Brunei and Timor-Leste.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Students from South-East Asian countries (not including Thailand) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, an excellent academic record and good English skills. The selection process is highly competitive and will include interviews conducted in May 2018.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills.
English Proficiency Test Information
- Required English Proficiency Test score for Non-DAAD Scholarship students is TOEFL 500, IELTS 5.0, CU-TEP 62 or K-STEP not less than 60% of total score whereas DAAD Scholarship students must have TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6.0.
- You should arrange to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and request that the testing company send results directly to the TGGS Academic Affairs for Admission.
- Or you should arrange to take the CU-TEP (Chulalongkorn University Test of English Proficiency) and request the official result from the testing company. Submit the official result with the application form.
- Or you should arrange to take the K-STEP (King Mongkut’s Standardized English Proficiency Test) and request the official result from the testing company. Submit the official result with the application form.