NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA SED 835 Laboratory Design and Management
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: SED 835
COURSE TITLE: Laboratory Design and Management.
Instructions: Answer question 1, which is compulsory and two other questions. Time Allowed: 2 Hrs.
- a). What is your perception of the school science laboratory? (10 marks)
b). Illustrate and rationalise the use of the following shapes in the design of science laboratories.
i – The semicircular shape (5 marks)
ii – The ‘T’ shape (5 marks)
- c) Discuss the Power 8 science laboratory system, what are the advantages of the
Power 8 science laboratory system? (10 marks)
- 2. a). Give five reasons why accidents occur in the science laboratories. (10 marks)
b). Enumerate preventive measures that can be instituted to forestall accidents in the laboratories. (10 marks)
- a). Write brief notes on two types of hazards that may occasion the use of the science laboratory. (10 marks)
b). Describe vividly, how you would use the followings to contain fire outbreak in your school laboratory.
- Fire blankets. (5 marks)
- Water extinguishers. (5 marks)
- a). If you are appointed the Head of Department of Science in your school, what major areas would you concern yourself with? (10 marks)
b).What is the significance of engaging laboratory technicians in your school?
(10 marks) Question 4 Total 20