NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA SED 834 SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY and SOCIETY
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: SED 834
COURSE TITLE: SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY and SOCIETY TIME: 2 HOURS: 15minutes
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN ALL. QUESTION NO 1 IS COMPULSORY.
1.a) Write short notes on:
- i) Bioethics ii) Blood Transfusion iii) Genetic engineering iv) Gene therapy.
- b) Explain four goals for introducing science education into the schools’ curriculu
2.a) Discuss six attributes of a scientifically literate person as adopted by NSTA. b) List six main goals of Fourth National Development Plan.
- a) Identify and discuss five strategies for teaching and learning science, technology and mathematics in Nigeria schools.
b)i. Define Biotechnology iiList four biotechnological process you know.
- a) Briefly discuss the concept of Biotechnology. and explain the aspects where Biotechnology can be applied.
- b) Explain five ways through which the teaching/learning of science can be improved with the use of information technol