NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA SED 834 SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY and SOCIETY
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: SED 834
COURSE TITLE: SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY and SOCIETY TIME: 2 HOURS: 15minutes
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN ALL. QUESTION NO 1 IS COMPULSORY.
1.a)Explain five ways through which the teaching/learning of science can be improved with the use of information technology.
1b)Briefly discuss the concept of Science, Technology and Society. (20 marks)
- c) List 10 attributes of an effective scientis (10 marks)
2a) Explain four goals for introducing science education into the schools’ curriculum.
.b) Discuss six attributes of a scientifically literate person as adopted by NSTA.
- a) Identify and discuss five strategies for teaching and learning science, technology and mathematics in Nigeria schools. (10 marks)
- b) i. Define Biotechnology
ii List four biotechnological process you know. (10 marks)
- a) Write short notes on:
- i) Bioethics ii) Blood Transfusion iii) Genetic engineering
- iv) Gene therapy. ( 12 marks)
- b) List six main goals of Fourth National Development Plan.