NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: PED 412
COURSE TITLE: ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF PRIMARY EDUCATION.
INSTRUCTION: Answer question one and any other 2 questions. TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS.
- (a). Explain four (4) factors that influence
educational planning. (10marks)
(b). Discuss the four (4) major steps in cost- benefit approach in educational planning. (10marks)
(c). Explain any five(5) parameters in educational planning. (10marks).
- 2. (a).Define decision- making. (4 marks)
(b). State any four (4) strategies for decision-making. (8 marks)
(c). Explain any four (4) factors influencing decision-making. (8marks)
- (a). State five (5) features of a school as a bureaucratic institution. (10marks)
- (b). Discuss any five (5) problems confronting the implementation of primary Education in Nigeria. (10 marks)
- (a). Write short notes on five (5) basic principles that could assist a school
administrator to avoid human complication in the school system. (10marks)
(b).List any four (4) main thrust of Taylor’s principles of
management theory of 1911. (10 marks)