NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
PED 313 HISTORY & CULTURAL BACKGROUND OF IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT TIME ALLOWED: 1HOUR 30MINS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS ONLY
- 1. Define the concept of Environment.
- Discuss the major interactive components of physical environment.
- 2. What is culture?
- Identify five (5) characteristics of culture. c. List and discuss briefly types of culture.
- a. What is child fosterage/fostering?
- State four (4) benefits of proper and apropraite child rearing practises
- Outline and briefly discuss six (6) ways of promoting effective communication patterns in a family.