NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDU 823 EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH METHODS
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 823 (3 Units)
COURSE TITLE: EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH METHODS
TIME: 3 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER QUESTION ONE (1) AND ANY OTHER THREE (3)
1a. State Leedy’s (1997) definition of research
- b. Briefly discuss any two (2) of the three (3) systems by which Educational Research
Studies and Authors may be classified.
- Enumerate the advantages and disadvantages of the Online Computer search for literature.
2a. Explain the meaning of feasibility study of a research problem.
- b. Elaborate on two (2) major constraints you may address when considering the feasibility of a study.
3a. Discuss the concept of Historical research by pointing out the following:
- The main issue of Historical method/research ii. The main task of the Historical researcher
iii. At least three (3) sources of historical data.
- b. Explain the two (2) types of evaluation a Historical research addre (15 marks)
4a. State the three (3) classes of Experimental design b. Briefly explain the Ex-Post Facto design
- Identify the two (2) most important differences between Experimental research and
Ex-post Facto research.
5a. State at least five (5)most common types of validity approaches in Educational research.
- b. State the two (2) principles on which reliability is ba