NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDU 822 ADVANCED PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING TIME ALLOWED
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
EDU 822 ADVANCED PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS 0NLY
- 1. Explain the following concepts in Human Learning i. Learning
- ii. Motivation iii. Memory
- iv. Transfer of learning.
- 2. Briefly discuss Thorndike’s laws of readiness,exercise and effect.
- What are the implications of Thorndike’s theory of learning in the classroom
- a. Distinguish between Psychology and counselling
- Identify and discuss six branches of psychology and explain their relevance to the society.
- a. Discuss Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Distinguish between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.