NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
EXAMINATION QUESTIONS (JANUARY, 2013)
DATE: TUESDAY 29TH JANUARY, 2013
COURSE TITLE: ECONOMICS METHODS COURSE CODE: EDU 762 (2 CU)
TIME: 2 HOURS
ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS
- a) Briefly describe the evolution of economics in Nigerian secondary school curriculum.
- b) Explain in details factors responsible for the late introduction of economics into the
Nigerian secondary school curriculum.
- a) List and describe FIVE things that can be achieved by an economics teacher through planning,
- b) i. With the aid of an annotated drawing indicated below, arrange in order of hierarchy beginning from the highest the various components of planning of instruction
- ii. Write short notes on each of the c
- a) Describe the determinants of teaching methods in economics.
- b) Using the format below describe the features, advantages and the disadvantages of the following teaching methods: .i) Project method ii).Problem solving method
iii). Discussion method iv) Lecture method v) Assignment method
- a) As a student-teacher of economics, following a sequential order, draw a typical
Lesson Note for teaching a stipulated topic in Economics for SS 2 Class.
- b) Describe in details the basic information required by a good student-teacher of economics before teaching a new cla