NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDU 752 Chemistry Methods
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 752
COURSE TITLE: Chemistry Methods.
Instructions: Answer question 1, and any other two questions.
Time Allowed: 2 Hrs.
- a. Give a universally accepted definition of science and explain why it is universal.
- How would you make the teaching of Chemistry reflect the culture of the students you intend to teach?
- c. Thomas Kuhn and Karl Popper are educational philosophers of great r Briefly
discuss the views of these philosophers in relation to science education.
- a. Briefly discuss the relevance of scientific literacy to a nation.
- Why is the teaching of science, technology and society required in science education?
- a. Write short notes on the following teaching method i. Lecture method
- Demonstration method
- . List two advantages of each of the methods listed above.
- Identify and explain the various components of a lesson plan.
- a. Discuss the role of improvisation in the attainment of the general goals of science education.
- i. Explain Jerome Brunner and David Ausubel’s theories of learning.
ii.What are the implications of each of the theories of learning above to science education.