NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, EDU 711 FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 711
COURSE TITLE: FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION Time allowed 2hours 15minutes
INSTRUCTION: Question 1 is compulsory for all students. In addition, answer two other questions
- Write short notes on the following:
- a) Cybernetic and Hedonistic theory
- b) Objectives of Ashby report’s recommendation
- c) Two motives of UPE
- d) Three component parts of culture e) Levels of education
- Explain what is meant by transfer of learning in terms of a) General concept
- b) Forms of transfer, and c) Teacher’s role
- a) What do you understand by “education and society”?
- b) Critically X-ray the family system in the modern day Nigeria with particular reference to the societal expected roles.
- Write short but concise notes on the followings;
- a) Traditional education
- b) Muslim education, and c) Western education.