NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 321
COURSE TITLE: PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING Time allowed: 2hrs
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer question 1 which is compulsory and any other two questions.
1 a) What is motivation?
- b) Explain three ways by which school pupils can be motivated to learn using Brunner’s
- c) Mention four classroom implications of motivation theories.
- d) List Maslow’s hierarchy of needs in ascending order
2 a) Briefly explain the implications of Thorndike’s theory of connectionism for human
- b) Explain the concept of reinforcement.
- c) Categorize the four schedules of reinforcement into schedules that deal with passage of time and those associated with number of responses
3 a) Punishment is said to have a number of drawbacks, mention five of them.
- b) State five implications of Skinner’s learning theory for the management of classroom
4 a) Explain the concept of behavior problem
- b) With examples differentiate between stimulus generalization and stimulus discrimination c) Give two differences between classical and operant conditioning.