NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDT811 THEORIES OF COMMUNICATION AND PHILOSOPHICAL BASIS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDT811
COURSE TITLE: THEORIES OF COMMUNICATION AND PHILOSOPHICAL BASIS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA
TIME ALLOWED: 3 Hours
INSTRUCTION: Answer any 4 Questions
- a.) Critically analyze the difference between David Berlo’s and Harold Lasswell’s
models. Diagram would be very relevant. (14mks)
b.) Discuss on the variables that may distort effective communication in the classroom. (6mks)
- 2. ) Analyze the various principles of communication you have studied. (10mks)
b.) Discuss the conditions for good and effective communication in the classroom. (6mks)
- a.) Critically evaluate the six basic components of communication process. (7mks)
b.) Evaluate the circumstances under which communication may occur.
- (a) Examine critically ten of the communication theories
(b) Discuss the various types of knowledge.
- 5. ) Explain the major differences between limited Perception and Referent Confusion. (4mks)
b.) Comment critically on the various kinds of Values.