NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDA 856 PROBLEMS AND ISSUES IN HIGHER EDUCATION IN NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE TITLE: PROBLEMS AND ISSUES IN HIGHER EDUCATION IN NIGERIA
COURSE CODE: EDA 856 (2 CU)
ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1. a) Briefly describe agents of quality assurance at the National Open University of Nigeria and how they go about their functions.
- b) What are the criteria of good governance for Governing Council of higher institutions?
- 2. a) Explain the concept of autonomy.
- b) Discuss challenges of institutional autonomy in higher education system in Nigeria with possible solutions.
- 3. a) Discuss the goal of higher institutions in Nigeria as stipulated in the National Policy on
- b) With reference to specific examples discuss the need for reforms on higher education in
- 4. a) Discuss various challenges of higher education in Nigeria.
- b) Assuming you are in a position to influence policy on education, develop a fram ework for funding of higher education in Nigeria.