NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDA 851 PRINCIPLES OF INSTITUTIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE TITLE: PRINCIPLES OF INSTITUTIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
COURSE CODE: EDA 851 (2 CU)
ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1. a) List TEN principles of administration as indicated in Fayol’s book titled “General and
- b) With reference to specific examples give a detailed description of any FIVE general principles of administrative practice.
- 2. a) Give a detailed description of any FIVE major administrative tasks in school administratio
- b) What are the implications of Human Relations Approach on institutional admnistration?
- 3. a) i) Describe the concept of record management.
- ii) Classify types of records in schools and the rationale behind the keeping of these records.
- b) Briefly describe the challenges of record management in Nigerian schools.
- 4. a) Write short notes on the following: i) Democratic leadership ii) Autocratic leadership iii) Laissez faire leadership iv) Transactional leadership v) Pseudo-Democratic Leadership
- b) What are the implications of these leadership styles on school administration?