NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDA 832 ECONOMICS OF EDUCATION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDA 832 (2CU)
COURSE TITLE: ECONOMICS OF EDUCATION TIME: 2 HOURS
ANSWER QUESTION 1 AND OTHER 2 QUESTIONS
- a) What are the implications of the findings of Psacharoupolus on private and social rates of returns for educational planning in Nigeria?
- b) Discuss fully 5 factors influencing institutional costs in education.
- 2. a) Identify and discuss different approaches to educational planning in Nigeria. b). What is the rational for cost analysis in education?
- a) Education and economics are like Siamese twins. Discuss.
- b) What is the rationale for the study of economics of education?
- a) With an annotated diagram ONLY describe the different types of costs in education. b) Examine the various dimensions of efficiency in education.