NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDA 822 SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTION IN EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDA 822 (2CU)
COURSE TITLE: SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTION IN EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION
TIME: 2 HOURS
ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS
- a) Describe the concept of administrative supervision with emphasis on the underlying assumptions about supervision.
- b) What are the various steps that can be taken as a supervisor to release teachers’
potentials? 24 marks
- 2. a) Give a detailed explanation of the basic principles involved in the adoption of in- service education programme for professional developmen
- b) With the aid of an illustration ONLY describe a typical Observation Report Format for supervisory visit. 22 marks
- a) Explain the concept of community relations.
b)i What is the justification for the development of Community Relations Programmes in schools?
- ii) Enumerate basic steps a supervisory principal could take to enhance community relation
- a) Supervisory practices are highly dynamic and not static. Discuss.
- b) What are the parameters that can be used to assess the effectiveness of a supervisory programme? 24 marks