NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
ECE 413: COMPARATIVE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION TIME ALLOWED: 2Hours
INSTRUCTION(S): Answer Any Three (3) Questions
- 1. To what extent is teacher training a crucial aspect of early childcare and education? Enumerate the agencies responsible for the training of teachers in Nigeria, Ghana, Chile and Cypru
- 2. Compare Friedrich Herbert of Contemporary period with John
Locke of Enlightenment period about Early Childhood Education.
- Discuss the practice of education in the Old Roman Empire before
the Quintilian’s contribution to early childhood education.
- a. How easy was it for African nations to embrace early childhood education as could be seen in Ghana, Uganda, Nigeria and Yemen?
- Sketch the philosophy of Froebel in early childhood education today.
- Compare and contrast the child rearing practices in the traditional African society with Early Childhood Education as advocated by Jean Jacque Rousseau of the Enlightenment period.