NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: DAM 462
COURSE TITLE: AGRICULTURAL DATA SYSTEMS CREDIT UNIT: 2 CREDIT UNITS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS IN ALL
- Explain briefly the following terms:
- I. Computer simulation models (2 marks) II. Scale simulation models (2 marks)
Using tables, highlight the differences and similarities between system design method and Object Oriented system design method (10 Marks)
- Outline the purposes of System Models as postulated by Schoemaker (4 Marks) Discuss briefly the modular design method (10 marks).
- List and explain 4 agricultural database construction models (8 marks).
With the aid of a diagram, briefly discuss the 4 stages involved in the construction of agricultural database systems (6marks).
- Briefly discuss the meaning and scope of decision support systems (10 marks).
List 4 requirements of a high level decision support system (4 marks).
- With the aid of at least one example each, list and explain briefly 3 issues that motivate the need for better information to optimize agricultural systems. (8 marks)
Explain briefly i) Site map ii) Expert System(6 Marks)
- Highlight two (2) application of Expert system technology in the agricultural sector (4
With the aid of a diagram alone, identify the phases/steps in the design process of a decision support system (10 marks)
- List and explain briefly the 3 components of a design method (6 marks).
With the use of examples, briefly discuss the 4 eras of digital computing (8 marks).