NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CPT514 POST HARVEST HANDLING AND STORAGE
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JUNE/JULY EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CPT514
COURSE TITLE: POST HARVEST HANDLING AND STORAGE
TIME ALLOWED: 2 Hours
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTION
- a) List five environmental conditions that can aid produce deterioration.
- b) Briefly describe how any four of the factors can be modified to enhance a prolonged life span of produce.
- c) Define ( i) blanching (ii) cur
- a) List any group of four organisms that cause deterioration in farm produce.
- b) Explain the function of water in plant.
- c) List out the indices of ripening in a farm produce.
- a) What are the cultural/mechanical factors that lead to fast deterioration in harvested farm produce.
- b) List any five structure that can be use to preserve farm produce. c) Bravely describe the effect of poor storage of farm produce.
write a short descriptive note on each of the following. a) Storage ( b) Preservation ( C) primary processing.
- a) ( I)List any 2 diseases of stored produce and (ii) name their causal organisms. b) Explain how ripening can be induced in the store.
- c) List how ripening can be delayed in the store.
- a) List any four post harvest technology procedure.
- b) Mention the effect of any four mineral elements of the storability of farm produce. c) What are the effects of rough handling on farm produce?