NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CIT 703 – Information Technology and Software Development
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
CIT 703 – Information Technology and Software Development
Instruction: Answer Any Five Questions
DATE: Tuesday 29th Jan
Time Allowed: 3 Hours
1a What are the two kinds of software production process models? State the difference between them. 6 marks
- Write short notes on software process automation and programming.
- What is prototyping? 2 marks
2a. Explain what is meant by Entity-Relationship Modeling 4 marks
b.. Describe the following terms
I Entity and entity set
II Relationship and relationship set 4 marks
- Explain fully the constraints to which the contents of a database must conform.6 marks
3a. State seven guidelines for software documentation. 7 marks
- List five basic issues that the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) should address.
4a. What is a software process? 4 marks
- Distinguish between software process capability and software process performance.
- In the past, processes, no matter how professionally executed, have been highly dependent on the individual developer. This can lead to three key problems. What are the problems?
5a. Define project specification. 3 marks b. State five places where to locate errors in a Project Specification. 5 marks
- State three benefits of written specification agreement. 6 marks
6a. Explain the UML concept. 3 marks b. Outline the four parts to the UML 2.x specification. 8 marks c. How are UML models automatically transformed to other representations?
7a. Explain the following terms:
- i. Transition network ii. State
iii. Transition 6 marks
- Describe the following: Conditions, Actions and Events 6 marks
- What is a state transition diagram? 2 marks