NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CIT 701 FOUNDATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND SCIENCES
MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
CIT 701 FOUNDATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTIONS: Answer Any Five Questions
1a. What is Information and Communication Technology?
- Name the three stages of information evolution.
- Outline the three main ICT components
2a. What do you understand by storage?
- b. Outline four of the storage technologies
3a. What is a database?
- b. List two reasons for using databa c. What is Database Normalisation?
- d. What does normalization involve?
4a. What is a network topology?
- b. State four advantages of using networks
5a. What is a communication network?
- b. What do you understand by the term network channels?
- What is a network operating system?
- d. Explain Bluetooth personal area network
6a The Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a six-phased set of activities that brings about a new IT application. Outline the phases.
. b. State three benefits of IT applications to users and enterprise c. Define the following:
Systems Development: Project Management:
7a. What is project management?
- b. State the stages of project management
- What are tools used in scheduling activities?