NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CIT 412 – MODELLING & SIMULATION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 214 EXAMINATION
CIT 412 – MODELLING & SIMULATION
INSTRUCTION: Answer any five questions. Time: 2 HOURS
- (a) Differentiate between Modelling and Simulation:
(b) Enumerate and explain at least five types of Models available in modelling.
- (a) Highlight the steps involved in modelling.
(b) Write a QBASIC program to simulate the tossing of a fair coin 10 times. The program displays a H
when a Head appears and a T when a Tail appears.
- (a) Explain the algorithm; Congruential generator.
(b) Briefly explain the Congruential Methods. Using the Congruential method, generate at least eight sets of random numbers, where m = 8, a = 5, c = 7 and the Seed Xo = 4.
- (a) Discuss the RANECU Random Number Generator,
(b) Write a program that can generate 20 random integer number distributed between 1 and 64 inclusive using mixed congruential method.
- (a) Highlight at least five properties of a Random Number Generator.
(b) Develop a function procedure called RAND in QBASIC which generates a random number between
0 and 1 using mixed congruential method. Assume a 16-bit computer.
- (a) Using Monte Carlo’s algorithm, approximate the value of π.
(b) Using suitable diagram, explain the various steps involved in the physical simulation process.