NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CIT 411 MICROCOMPUTERS AND MICROPORCESSORS
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JUNE/JULY EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CIT 411
COURSE TITLE: MICROCOMPUTERS AND MICROPORCESSORS
TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: Answer question one and any other three questions
- Using suitable diagram, draw the Architectural design of an 8085 Microprocessor, indicating at least ten of its components and five of its features.
- What is Microcomputer Networking? Outline and discuss any five of its various types.
- Differentiate between the following microprocessor types based on hardware characteristics: RISC, CISC, VLWI & Superscalar, clearly indicating four of their features each.
- (a) Define the following terms: Opcode and Operand. Clearly stating the difference between them. (b) Write out clearly the following logical operation.
- SET B 2FH
- CLR C
iii. CPL 20H
- MOV C, 87h v. ANL C, 90h vi. ORL C, 91h
- (a) What is an Assembly Language. Outlining four of its benefits.
(b) Outline and discuss the four addressing modes available to an 8085 microprocessor.
- Explain the term Interrupt; clearly stating the actions taken by the microcontroller when an interrupt is triggerred, enumerating at least five registers that the operation is protecting.