NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CHS409 CLINICAL SKILLS
14/16, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY October, 2013 Examination
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS COURSE CODE: CHS409
COURSE TITTLE: CLINICAL SKILLS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER ONLY 5 QUESTIONS
|1.||a. Discuss the qualities of a good examiner during physical examination.||(10 marks)|
|b. List 10 materials used for physical examination.
a. What do you understand as the IPPA rule in physical examination?
- b. Define vital signs and list the temperature sites and various range in an adult (10 marks)
- 3. Write short notes on the following a. Respiration
- b. The basic reasons for tepid sponging
- Procedure for administration of an intravenous infusion d. The principle of non-touch technique
|4.||a. Define high blood pressure.||(1marks)|
|b. Briefly discuss 3 factors responsible for High Blood pressure.||(9 marks)|
|c. Discuss moist heat as a method of sterilization.||(10marks)|
- 5. Discuss the indication for using Oral Rehydration Therapy (ORT) and the preparation.
- 6. Describe the principles and procedure involved in interview. (10 marks)
- b. List the basic materials for intervie (10 marks)
- 7. Outline the categories of essential clinical histo (10 marks)