NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA CHS 315 Non-Communicable Chronic Diseases
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 EXAMINATION
TIME ALLOWED: 3Hrs.
COURSE CODE/TITLE: CHS 315 Non-Communicable Chronic Diseases
INSTRUCTION: Answer any 5 Questions only.
- Describe the common signs and symptoms of the following non-communicable Diseases. (i).HBP (ii). DM (iii).Chronic Respiratory Diseases. (20 Marks)
- What predisposing factors are associated with the following health problems.
(i)RTA (ii) Cancer of the Cervix (iii.).Cancer of the Lung.(iv)Coronary Heart Disease
(v). DM. (20 Marks)
- Discuss the roles of the Community in the control of non-communicable diseases.(20 Marks)
- What are the preventive measures against Heat Diseases, Cancer and Diabetes mellitus? (20
- Describe the cardinal steps in the management of Diabetes Mellitus. (20 Marks)
- State the roles of government in the control of non- communicable diseases. (20 Marks)
- What is the role of individual in the prevention and control of non-communicable and chronic diseases. (20 Marks)