NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM701 Agricultural Extension Education
14/16, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY October, 2013 Examination
Course Code: AEM701
Course Title: Agricultural Extension Education
Credit Unit: 2
Time Allowed 2 hours
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer any four questions. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. (a) Differentiate between Agricultural extension education and hospitality extension. ( 5 marks) (b) Identify and discuss eight systematic processes of planning hospitality programme at the local
- 2. (a) State and describe five (5) contemporary challenges of Agricultural extension in Nig (15mmrks) (b) What are the plausible solutions to these challenges? (10mrks)
- 3. (a) State and explain five (5) principles of agricultural extension, point out their implications and applications for effective extension wo (15mrks)
(b) Discuss five roles Agricultural extension agents. (10mrks)
- 4. (a) Explain the concept of Need. (5mrks) (b) State and explain six procedures for conducting needs assessm (20mrks)
- 5. (a) What do you understand by extension programme? (5mrks) (b) List five functions of extension programme and explain four of them. (15mrks) (c) Discuss the significance of evaluation in extension process (5mrks)
- 6. (a) Mention five agricultural extension approaches that are considered relevant to Nig (5mrks) (b) What do you understand by training and visit extension? (2mrks) (c) Identify five basic features of the T & System. (5mrks) (d) Define individual methods of extension and mention four merits and demerits of the method.