NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM509 AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JUNE/JULY EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: AEM509
COURSE TITLE: AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
TIME ALLOWED: 21/2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER 5 QUESTIONS
(1) a. Define Agribusiness. (4 mks )
- List and explain the three independent sectors perceived by Ebong
(2007) for agribusiness. (4 mks each)
- List 4 services involved in agribusiness (1 mk each) (2) a. State 5 characteristics of a good manager. (2 mks each)
- List 4 and explain 2 function of agribusiness management.
(Listing=4 mks , explaining 3 mks each) (3) Discuss briefly 4 environmental factors affecting managerial functions in
agribusinees. (5 mks each)
(4) a. Explain partnership in agribusiness organizations. (4 mks)
- State 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages of partnership organization.
(2 mks each)
- State 4 steps required as guide in the process of selecting agribusiness enterprise (1 mk each)
(4) a. What is an agribusiness cooperative? (5 mks)
- Briefly explain the 3 types of agribusiness cooperative. (5 mks each) (5) a. Explain briefly agricultural research policy of the federal government. b. State 8 National Agricultural Research Institutes and their area of mandate.
(6) a. Differentiate between fixed and variable cost stating examples of each. (3 mks each)
- State 6 taxes payable to Federal government and 4 taxes payable to local government. (1 mk each)
- Briefly explain individual income tax value added tax and corporate tax. (2 mks each)