NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 723 NON-RUMINANT ANIMALS
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 EXAMINATION
AEM 723 NON-RUMINANT ANIMALS (2 UNIT) ANSWER 4 QUESTIONS
(1) Explain the African swine fever disease under the following heading. a. Causal organism.
- b. Mode of transmission.
- c. Clinical signs and symptoms. d. Control.
- e. State two endemic areas.
(2) a. Define poultry and give two examples.
- b. Give the classification of chickens and give one example in each class. c. List 5 different type of feed fed to chickens.
- d. State 3 importance of poultry .
(3) List and explain the 3 poultry management systems you know . (4) a. Define disease and parasite.
- b. Give the suggested vaccination schedule for i- Broilers.
(5) List and explain briefly the stages of processing table birds. (6) a. Give 5 exotic breeds of rabbit.
- b. State the characteristics of 2 of the breeds listed above.
- c. List 4 hutch equipments. d. State 5 diseases of rabbit.