NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 719: EXTENSION METHODS AND COMMUNICATIONS
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
AEM 719: EXTENSION METHODS AND COMMUNICATIONS (2 CR) TIME ALLOWED: 2HRS
INSTRUCTIONS: ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTIONS
- i. Teaching creates an enabling environment or situation for learning to take place effectively. Discuss
- ii. State two relevance of using variety of extension methods.
- Explain the following individual teaching methods. (a) i. Farm and home visit.
- ii. Office calls and enquirie iii. Information contact.
(b) How do you plan for extension demonstration?
- 3. Briefly state the use of the following in agricultural communication. (a) Flip chart
(c) Slide sets.
(d) Audio cassettes.
- 4. (a) Explain the functions of extension communication uni
(b) W hat do you understand by organizational structures for extension communication.
- (a) Explain the prospects of staffing for communication support. (b) Explain the term extension education.
- 6. (a) State the steps to be followed in modified conference method. (b) Distinguish between office and telephone calls.