NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 716 Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JUNE/JULY EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: AEM 716
COURSE TITLE: Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives
TIME ALLOWED: 2 Hours
INSTRUCTION: Answer section A and any other 3 questions in section B
SECTION A: (Compulsory 20 marks)
- The contemporary Nigerian cooperative societies are said to be plagued with many challenges that has impeded their effectual functioning. Highlight these challenges in few words.
SECTION B ( 15 Marks Each)
- List the 2 kinds of cooperative societies.
(b) What are the operational modalities for running each of the cooperative societies?
- (a) List the major participants in the marketing of agricultural commodities. (b) Mention the significance of each stage in the marketing of agricultural commodities.
- (a) List the Internal and external factors affecting pricing decisions.
(b) Briefly explain the external factors affecting pricing decisions
- (a) Define the concept of break-even analysis?
(b) How does this concept assist marketers in determining the profitability of a product?
- (a) Define elasticity of demand.
(b) What are the factors influencing the price elasticity of demand?