NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 712 AGRIC EXT ADMIN, PROG PLANNING & EVALUATION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: AEM 712:
COURSE TITLE: AGRIC EXT ADMIN, PROG PLANNING & EVALUATION TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
ANSWER 4(FOUR) QUESTIONS.
(1) Explain five principles of extension administration. (5 mks each)
(2) a. State five conditions necessary for successful extension administration. (2 mks each)
- b. Fayol explained management in terms of five functions. Name them (5 mks)
- State five Taylor’s principles of scientific management. (2 mks each)
(3) a. Briefly explain the five common concept in the system approach theory (3 mks each). b. State five techniques used to increase staff morale by the administrator (2 mks each).
(4) a. Briefly explain 4 mechanisms useful in achieving effective coordination (2.5 mks each)
- b. State five factors that affect organizational design (2 mks each)
- State five role of budget (5 mks)
(5) a. List three categories of state budget ( 5 mks)
- b. Briefly explain the three categories of state budget (15 mks)
- State five necessary administrative conditions for effective supervision (1 mks each)
(6) a. The number of personnel needed in an extension service depends on several factors.
List eight of them (1 mks each)
- b. Briefly explain the four principles of effective discipline (3 mks each)
- State five problems of extension supervision in Nigeria (1 mk each)