NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 712 AGRIC EXTENSION ADMIN, PROGRAMME PLANNING & EVALUATION
14/16, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY October, 2013 Examination
Course Code: AEM 712
Course Title: AGRIC EXTENSION ADMIN, PROGRAMME PLANNING & EVALUATION Instruction: Answer 4(four) Questions. TIME: 2 HOURS
(1) a. List 8 factors that determine the number of personnel needed in an extension service (1 mks each) b. Briefly state the 4 principles of effective discipline. (3 mks each) c. State 5 importance of extension supervision. (1 mk each)
(2) a. State 7 conditions necessary for successful extension administration. (2 mks each) b. State 5 guidelines for setting up or modifying an extension organization. (2 mks each) c. State 3 Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs. (1 mks each)
(3) a. Explain the term motivation. (5 mks each)
- b. State and explain briefly the 4 types of motivation. (5 mks each)
(4) a. For an interview to be effective, certain conditions has to take place. State 5 of these
conditions. (2 mks each)
- b. State 5 factors that affect organizational design. (2 mks each)
- State 5 problems of extension supervision in Nigeria. (1 mk each)
(5) a. List and briefly explain the 4 functions of the extension supervision. (20 mks)
- b. State 5 necessary administrative conditions that facilitate effective extension
supervision. (1 mks each)
(6) Write short notes on the following. (5 mks each)
- Recurrent Expenditure. b. Role of the Budget.
- Span of Management.
- d. Maintaining Staff Moral e. Administration.