NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 712 AGRIC. EXT. ADMIN, PROG. PLANNING & EVALUATION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 EXAMINATION
AEM 712 AGRIC. EXT. ADMIN, PROG. PLANNING & EVALUATION (2 UNITS)
Answer 4 Questions.
TIME: 2 HOURS
(1) a. Explain the concept of extension administration.
- Briefly explain the conditions necessary for successful extension administration.
(2) a. State 5 Taylor’s principles of scientific management.
- State 2 benefit of scientific management theory.
- State 10 Fayol’s principles of management.
(3) a. List and briefly discuss 4 essential tasks useful to an extension administration.
- List 6 other tasks that are executed by the administrator on a daily or weekly basis.
(4) a. State 5 techniques that an administrator should apply to increase staff morale.
- State 10 essential attributes of a good administrator. (5) a. Define budget.
- List 5 factors that affect organizational design. c. State 4 role of budget.
- State 2 types of budget.
(6) a. State 4 importance of extension supervision.
- List 4 types of motivation and briefly explain 2