NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 503 Diffusion and Adoption of Innovations
14/16, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY October, 2013 Examination
Programme: Agricultural Extension and Management
Course Code: AEM 503
Course Title: Diffusion and Adoption of Innovations
Credit Unit: 3 Times Allowed: 3 Hours Total Score: 70 Marks
Instruction: Answer section A and any other 4 questions in section B
SECTION A: (Compulsory 20 marks)
- 1. (a) In mechanical agricultural innovations, under what condition is Green Revolution technologies that are high-yield varieties adopted?
(b) Outline the various types of Innovation Models.
(c) List the two categories of innovation/technologies?
SECTION B (15 Marks each)
- 1. (a) Define the concept of Innovation model?
(c) Outline three important ways in which the adoption of interactive communications differ from that of previous innovations.
- 2. (a) Define the rate of adoption?
(b)Identifies seven critical attributes that greatly influence the rate of adoption.
- 3. List the communication channel of diffusing the innovation at various states in the innovation decision and give 3 examples of each.
- 4. (a) List the four approaches to identifying opinion leaders? (b) In a few words state characteristics of opinion leaders?
- 5. (a) Define the term sensitivity training as a change agent in Agricultural organization? (b) Outline the aims of sensitivity training?
- 6. (a) Enumerate the 5 implication of stages Innovation-decision
( b ) Explain in few words the five stages in the diffusion process.