NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 502 Agricultural Extension and Management
14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way, V/I, Lagos
School of Science & Technology
October, 2013 Examination
Programme: Agricultural Extension and Management
Course Code: AEM 502
Course Title: Extension Organisation, Management and Supervision
Credit Unit: 3
Total Score: 100 Marks
Time Allowed: 3 Hours
Instruction: Answer Five (5) questions out of Seven (7) questions.
- 1. (a) Enumerate the various techniques used for the appraisal in extension organization. (b)The performance appraisal, which aims at facilitating employee development, has four
major purposes. Enumerate them.
- 2. (a) The purpose of staffing is based on two principle State them.
(b) List in sequential order the steps in staff recruitment in extension organization.
- 3. (a) Define the principles of management? (b) Why are principles necessary?
- 4. (a) Briefly explain the principle of Espirit de Corp (b) Outline ten (10) principles of management.
- 5. (a) List the major approaches to training.
(b) Highlight the varieties of training methods available to a trainer in Agricultural Extension.
- 6. (a) What is the difference between a job description and key performance area? (b) Outline the core extension personnel of developing countri
- 7. (a) What is a theory?
(b) Enumerate the five major purposes of theories used in Agricultural extension