NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 450 Agricultural Finance and Marketing
14/16, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY October, 2013 Examination
Course Code: AEM 450 3 UNITS
Course Title: Agricultural Finance and Marketing.
TIME: 2hrs 30min
Answer 5 Questions (All questions carry equal marks)
1 a. Define the term Agricultural Financing. (3 marks)
- b. Explain with examples, the classifications of Agricultural Financing. (8 marks)
- Write short notes on any three of the following: (3 marks each)
|i.||Esusu ii.||Ajo||iii. Cooperative societies|
|iv.||Commercial banks||v.||Specialised banks|
|2||a. b. c.||Briefly explain five roles of credit in farm businesses.
List three credit instruments and explain any two incisively.
State four ways by which loans can be repaid and explain any two incisively.
|(5 marks) (7 marks) (8 marks)|
|3||a. b.||Why is record keeping so important in Agricultural business/ production? State six principles of farm accounting and explain any three.||(5 marks) (15 marks)|
|4||a. b. c.||Define budgeting.
Explain the types of budgeting.
Why is budgeting not reliable as a planning tool?
|(5 marks) (10 marks (5 marks)|
|5||a.||Define the concepts of market and marketing as regard industrial or agricultural||product.|
- b. Briefly discuss the major functions performed in the marketing of industrial or agricultural
products. (10 marks)
- List the types of markets and describe any two. (5 marks)
- 6. Briefly discuss the significance of marketing to the agricultural business sector of the economy. (6 marks)
- b. State the Law of deman (4 marks)
- List the determinants of demand and explain any three. (10 marks)
7 a. State the law of supply. (4 marks)
- b. List the determinants of supply and explain any thre (10 marks)
- Write briefly on any three of the following terms: (3 marks each)