NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 411 SOCIAL RELATIONSHIP AND BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
AEM 411 SOCIAL RELATIONSHIP AND BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE (3 CR) TIME ALLOWED: 2½ HRS
Instruction: Answer any five questions
- (a). What are the assumptions of the evolutionary theories of social change? (b). Compare and contrast the theories of change put forward by Herbert Spencer, George Simmel and Karl Marx.
- (a). Enumerate and discuss different levels of solving problems in a social system
(b). How would you reduce resistance to change?
(c). Discuss why there is often resistance to change
- 3. (a). How does Hierarchical communication pattern differ from com-com communication pattern?
(b). You are to carry out an extension work that would address different groups in a village. What strategies would you adopt in order to
involve the groups in the work?
(c). What factors would affect the effectiveness of farmers cooperatives?
- 4. Identify hindrances to change in agriculture. Discuss them and likely solutions to such hindrances.
- Discuss the roles that rural culture play in social change.
- 6. (a). Members in a group may exhibit negative roles in group communication.
(b). How would you improve group communication?
- (a). Explain the S-M-C-R model of communication
(b). Discuss the factors that affect adoption of innovation.