NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AEM 304 Communication and Audio-Visual Techniques
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
Course Code: AEM 304
Course Title: Communication and Audio-Visual Techniques
Time Allowed: 2 Hours
Instruction: Answer Four (4) questions out of Six (6) questions.
20 Marks for each question
- 1. (a) As extension educationist, what skills and abilities would you encourage urban farmers develop to gather information from internet, synthesize them and draw inferences.= 10marks
(b)What are the essential qualities of good illustrations? =
- 2. In a tabular presentation show five different types of techniques of good listening stating their purpose and possible responses according to Van Veldhuizen, 1997
- 3. (a)Explain the main reasons why the two-Way Flow Model does seems not to fit in into
today’s communication sequence. =
(b)State five basic assumptions of the two-step flow model of communication theory?=
- 4. (a) What is the concept of feedback in in agricultural extension programmes? ? =
(b) Feedback in the form of adoption of a recommended agricultural practice (innovation) implies that communication has been effective and suitable. Briefly explain six effective and suitable forms of feedback in communication that are available to the adopters of innovation.
|5.||(a) What is message treatment?||= 5marks|
|(b) Highlight the three different message design logics.
- 6. (a) Briefly state the meaning of the term participatory video? = 5marks
(b) Enumerate the potential of participatory video in promoting local innovation. ?=