NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA PERMANENNT CROPS COURSE CODE: ACP 303
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE TITLE: PERMANENNT CROPS COURSE CODE: ACP 303
ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTION IN TWO HOURS
- a) Identify any 5 plantation crops commonly grown in Nigeria using their
(i) Common (ii) botanical names only.
- b) List any five products you can obtain from oil palm tree.
- c) State any five economic importances of some specific tree crop Question 2
- a) List any 3 climatic conditions required for consideration while attempting to set up a
plantation of tree crops
- b) List any three edaphic /soil factors that must be favourable in the choice of site for growing tree crop
- c) Briefly describe procedure for site preparation in setting up a plantation Question 3. Write a short note on each of the following plantation crops field pr i) Pruning (ii) shading ( iii) Mulching (iv) propping
- a) List any five simple tools you will use on a plantation fie b) List any 2 species that can be used as cover crops in cocoa c) Give reasons why shading is required in cocoa plantation.
- a) ( i)Mention any disease of cocoa tree (ii) name their causal organisms (iii) together with their mode of transmission.
- b) List any three insect pests of plantation crop
- c) List any three group of pesticide used on cocoa pest contr Question 6.
- a) Describe any three methods of fertilizer application on plantation crop b) List any four quality indices of oil palm
- c) Describe the methods of processing cola nut