NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA ACP 301 ARABLE CROP PRODUCTION
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
Course Code: ACP 301
Course Title: ARABLE CROP PRODUCTION
Time Allowed: 2Hours
ANSWER FOUR QUESTIONS IN TWO HOURS. QUESTION ONE IS COMPULSARY
- a) Classify annual crops according to taxonomic classes or groups/ uses. b) Using botanical and common names, list 5 annual crop
- a) List any two arable crops in each of the provided class i) Cereals ii) Fibre iii) Legumes iv) Root/tuber
- b) List any two arable crops in each of the provided class i) annual iii) perennial
- c) Write short note on the botany of maize
- a) List any five climatic factors you would consider to set up a field of arable crops b) List any five soil factors you will consider in setting up a field of annual crops
- c) Write a short descriptive note on land preparation in crop production.
Write a short note on any 3 of the following cultural practices.
- a) Weeding b) mulching c) Thinning d) Supplying e) pruning f) staking
- a) List any three types of compound or straight fertilizer
- b) Write out the full names of the mineral element that could be found in the fertilizer you have listed in a.
- c) Briefly described any 3 method of fertiliser application
- a) List any five tools used in harvesting arable crops
- b) List any 3 primary processing practices in arable crop
- c) Describe any five storage method or facilities in the storage of arable crops