NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: PED 422
COURSE TITLE: BEHAVIOUR PROBLEMS AND PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILD
Time allowed: 2hrs
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer question 1 which is compulsory and any other two questions.
1 a) Mention and briefly discuss four implications of Maslow’s theory for the child in school.
- b) The psychoanalytic theory maintains that unless the basic drives of the need for food, warmth, love, and security are gratified during early interactions, a child will leave infancy
with certain degree of fixation or conflict with the resultant behaviour problem. Identify five behaviour characteristics associated with fixation at the infancy stage
- c) Describe two ways by which you can manage each of the following behaviour problems in your classr
- i) Truancy
- ii) Withdrawn behaviour. iii) Hyperactivit
2 a) “There are no problem children, only problem parents” discuss this statement in relation to
- b) Explain any five distinctions between respondent and operant conditioning.
3a) Explain the concept of behaviour problem citing seven examples of behaviour problems manifested by pupils.
- b) Categorize the four schedules of reinforcement into schedules that deal with passage of time and those associated with number of responses and give one example of eac
4 a) As a school administrator, explain any four specific things you must you do towards fostering and improving the mental health of teachers in your school.
- b) Describe four ways by which the school has contributed towards good mental health among
primary school children.