NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
2013 SEMESTER EXAMINATION COURSE CODE: PED 420
COURSE TITLE: SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY OF INSTRUCTION DATE: Saturday 26th January
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer question 1 which is compulsory and any other two questions.
Time allowed: 2hrs
1 a) Define maladjustment.
- b) Schetzer and Stone (1980) citing the administrative manual of the Bureau of Educationally Handicapped said the disturbed child is characterized by five indices of maladjustment, mention the five indices of maladjust
- c) The school as a social environment required the individuals within it to interact effectively for the success of teaching and learning proce For this interaction to occur optimally, both the teachers and learners should be socially well adjusted. If this social adjustment is lacking, the process of teaching and learning will adversely be affected. Mention six implications of having maladjusted learner in the classroom.
2 a) List six behaviour modification strategies that have been found useful in helping to bring out desirable changes in young school children with behaviour problems.
- b) What is assertive training?
- c) Identify five categories of individuals who can benefit from assertive training.
3 a) Freud saw human personality as composed of three major structures. Name and briefly describe the three structures.
- b) Explain the concept of Oedipus complex in the light of Freud’s personality development.
- c) According to Maslow, human beings are always motivated by the need to find self-fulfillment and to realize their potent Discuss
4 a) What do you understand by productive orientation as explained by Fromm?
- b) Give two similarities and two differences between receptive and exploitation orientations. c) Discuss the relationship between psychology and education.
- d) List Freud’s stages of psychosexual development in progressive order starting from the lowest