NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
PED 421 DEVELOPMENTAL GUIDANCE IN PRIMARY EDUCATION (2 CR) TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER QUESTION 1 AND ANY OTHER TWO
- 1. Distinguish between Guidance and counselling
- Identify and discuss six (6) school guidance services carried out by the counsellor in primary school.
- 2. What are developmental tasks?
- Discuss the developmental tasks and guidance process of early school age children(0-6 years)
- a. “Counselling children differs in various aspects from counselling adults”
- Outline the basic principles involved in child counselling.
- a. What is listening?
- As a teacher in the making,why do you think that listening skills are important to a teacher?