NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2012 EXAMINATION
EDU 321 PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS ONLY
- a. Briefly discuss Thorndike’s laws of readiness,exercise and effect. b. What are the implications of Thorndike’s theory of learning in the classroom situation.
- a. Discuss Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Mention three (3) characteristics of a self-actualised person according to Maslow
- a. What is learning?
- Identify and discuss five (5) factors that can affect learning?
- Explain the following concepts of Pavlov’s Classical Conditioning with examples
- i. Stimulus Generalization ii. Stimulus Discrimination
iii. Unconditioned Stimulus (UCS)
- i Conditioned Stimulus (CS)