NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: ECE311:
COURSE TITLE: INTRODUCTION TO CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS (2units) TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: Answer question one and any other two.
1) a)Discuss and differentiate the following elements and principles of art:
i)Dominance (ii) Variety (iii)Proportion (iv) Rhythm (v) Balance (10mks)
- b) i) What is Graphics? (3mks) (ii) Discuss the following uses of Graphics. Illustrations, Business Graphics, Educational Graphics, Advertising Graphics and Political Graphics (10mks)
- c) Briefly discuss (i) Kinds of dance (2mks) (ii) Functions of dance (5mks).
2)a) i) What is Music?(2mks). (ii) Discuss with examples four various types of musical instruments. (8mks)
- b) Briefly discuss the different methods used in the production of ceramic wares.(10mks)
3) a) Discuss the various categories of culture with examples.(10mks)
- b) Discuss in detail the following elements of drama. i) Plot (ii)Character (iii) The Thought
(iv) Language (v) The Spectacle(10mks).
4) a) Discuss five tips that will help you render aesthetically pleasing drawings(10mks)
- b) Briefly discuss any four techniques of sculpture and some materials used in these.(10mks)