NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14–16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 EXAMINATION
ESM 301 – INTRODUCTION TO PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION INSTRUCTION – ANSWER ANY FOUR (4) QUESTIONS
TIME ALLOWED – TWO (2) HOURS.
1a. Explain the Consensus model theory of conflict or the coercion model theory of conflict
- List five basic assumptions of each of the theories (5 marks).
- Distinguish between political conflict and economic conflict. (17.5 marks)
3a. Define the term environment. (2.5 marks)
- Explain any five factors in the environment that may lead to conflict in your locality. (15 marks)
4a. What is conflict analysis ? (5 marks)
- Why is conflict analysis an important process in peace management? (12.5 marks)
- What are the similarities and differences between conflict resolution and conflict transformation?(17.5 marks)
- Are the traditional methods of conflict resolution still relevant in Nigeria of today? (17.5 marks)