NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA SED835 Laboratory Design and Management
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
MAY/JUNE 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: SED835
COURSE TITLE: Laboratory Design and Management.
Instructions: Answer question 1, which is compulsory and any other two questions.
Time Allowed: 2 Hrs.
- a). Rationalise the use of laboratories in science.
b). Illustrate and rationalise the use of the following shapes in the design of science laboratories.
i – The semicircular shape ii – The ‘T’ shape
- c) Discuss the Power 8 science laboratory system, what are the advantages the Power 8 science laboratory system?
- a). Give five reasons why accidents occur in the science laboratories.
b). Enumerate preventive measures that can be instituted to forestall accidents in the laboratories.
- a). Write brief notes on two types of hazards that may occasion the use of the science laboratory.
b). Describe vividly, how you would use the followings to contain fire outbreak in your school laboratory.
- Fire blankets
- Water extinguishers.
- a). If you are appointed as the Head of Department of a Science School, what major areas would you concern yourself with.
b). What is the significance of engaging laboratory technicians in your school?