NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EDU 822 ADVANCED PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: EDU 822 CREDIT UNITS: 2
COURSE TITLE: ADVANCED PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING TIME ALLOWD: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS ONLY
- Explain fully the following concepts in human learning?
- i. Learning
- ii. Transfer of learning iii. Reinforcement
- a. Discuss Thorndike’s laws of readiness, exercise and effect.
- What are the implications of Thorndike’s theory of learning in the classroom situation?
- a. Distinguish between Psychology and Counselling
- Identify and discuss six branches of psychology and explain their relevance to the society.
- a. Discuss Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Mention three (3) characteristics of the self-actualized person according to Maslow.